tHE cOMICS vAULT”S sONG oF tHE dAY?
Kiss From A Rose
Batman Forever OST (1995)
If you don’t think this is one of the greatest Batman songs ever, well then…I’m gonna have to respectfully yet forcefully disagree with you.
If you see Chris Sims at SDCC and give him five bucks he’ll sing this to you.
I too have no choice but to sing this, loudly, whenever I hear it. It’s like a post hypnotic suggestion. I will embarrass you.
A little tribute piece done for Batman’s 75th Anniversary.
If anyone’s interested, I’m making the original immediately available for purchase (including international shipping): check it out.
Am I cute yet?
DAMN, everyone needs to reblog this.
are we really gonna reblog this gross ableist post and herald it as some sick burn
"you’re really just mentally ill and you NEED HELP"
oooohhh!!! wow!! boom!! lord knows there isn’t a better way of invalidating and insulting someone than calling them a nut job
if you have to throw another marginalized group under the bus in order to pull yourself up, you’re doing it wrong
Lego tweeted this photo. Happy Batman Day.
When you write about race, the feedback and messages white people send you ends up being the same. They all have the same tired retorts. They desperately need to get new material.
Here are the top 10 hits of white nonsense. There are many more examples, but these are the top 10 imo.
1. Not all white people. These people need a disclaimer for life. They need you to say “not all” at all times. Imagine if you went through life saying “not all” for everything. Person 1 “My daughter is afraid of dogs after the neighbor’s dog attacked her.” Person 2 “Not all dogs attack!”
2. What about Chicago? This is the latest diversionary tactic of white people in the US. Suddenly they care about Black lives in Chicago. Just Chicago btw…lol
3. It happened so long ago. White people are still talking about Roman gladiators and ancient Greek battles, but talk about Jim Crow laws (that ended in 1965!), then all of a sudden, you’re talking about shit older than Adam and Eve…lol
4. What about the Irish? What about them? What does anything about the plight of the Irish have to do with Black people? Anytime you talk about the plight of Black people in the US, white people will bring up the Irish. Was it Black people who subjugated the Irish? I do know that Black people in the Americas have surnames like “O’Neal” etc because they had Irish slave masters. Runteldat.
5. It goes both ways. Deep down they don’t even believe this…lol
6. Every group of people did bad things. Alright, show me the group of people who circumnavigated the world bringing destruction, death, disease and an intent to subjugate the indigenous to take their wealth, natural resources and land. As I say this, you just know some fool is fixing to get in my inbox to tell me about how Eastern Europeans didn’t do what Western Europeans did. See point number 1 to understand this mentality.
7. Get over it. This is always said in frustration.
8. I didn’t own slaves. I have yet to come across anyone who has accused a white person of personally owning slaves in 2014, yet they will protest that they didn’t own slaves. They say they didn’t own slaves when no one accused them of it. Black person “I just read this great piece about the case for reparations in the Atlantic by Ta-Nehisi Coates. White person “I didn’t own slaves!”
9. What about reverse racism? This is a tacit admission on their part that racism is real. So much so that they believe racism against them is the reverse. They think racism should be directional and not against them of course. Regular racism against the darkies is fine, but they will take a stand against the reverse stuff. That’s just going too far. Don’t you know they’re white?
10. Quoting this from MLK Jr. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” To white people, this is the only thing MLK Jr. ever uttered in life. That is his entire body of work. Oh, and that he had a dream that black people would hold hands with white people one day. For white people in South Africa, you can substitute MLK Jr. with Nelson Mandela. According to white South Africans, Nelson Mandela’s sole purpose in life was to go around telling everyone to forgive white people. South Africa is a rainbow nation now. Yay!
This is a great compilation for White Nonsense in the Age of Obama. Oh and on that point, one last one for all of our favorite racist white liberals…
I voted for Obama!!!
My sister wants to get a Dios de la Muertes sugar skull tattoo, and I said that it would be cultural appropriation bc that’s not her culture.
Now I’m apparently in charge of finding something that isn’t cultural appropriation to put on her body. Any ideas?
i’m gonna need everyone to stop saying disabled people are stereotyped as asexual because:
- using asexual as a synonym for unattractive or impotent is allosexist.
- it assumes all disabled people are subject to the same sexual stereotypes, which is untrue, and plays into the disability hierarchy.
- some disabled people are asexual and that’s ok!!
Additionally: It’s much better to say that people with disabilities are desexualized, because to describe us as “stereotyped as asexual” implies that asexuality in a disabled person is affirmed, when it’s more likely for a person to tell you you’re not really asexual because of your [insert disability], and to tell you that that if you didn’t have [disability] you would not be asexual. It spreads misinformation about disabled sexuality AND asexuality to say we’re stereotyped as asexual.
Better yet saying, “Often, people with disabilities are either desexualized or hypersexualized, sometimes both of these at the same time” is more accurate.
dun Dun DUN!
Literature, Colorado State University
Taming Ginger: Unruly Femininity in Anna Sewell’s Black Beauty
-burn them all to the ground
- sacred museums telling the actual history of slavery not glorifying the lives of slave owners
-genetic testing/ ancestry mapping sites for Black Americans
"i wish pokemon were real!"
beedrill is three feet tall
yeah but lets be real here if it meant I could live in a world with completely free healthcare and take tours across entire countries on foot with superpowered animal/else companions I would fight a hundred fucking beedrill at once naked with only a butter knife